Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Soft Opening

Well, the store is open now. Again my excuse for sloppy blogging, but I don't think anyone reads this thing anyway. I'm sure it is not quite dance-able yet, after all there are no music or vegetables. But it's mine, well ours really. If there are items you would like to see in the store, but do not yet, please let me know and I will try to provide them. Big Thanksgiving sale going on now. Most of the stuff in there are things I think are cool, but it is quite time consuming tracking down suppliers for particular things, so the store is not nearly complete. Check back often for new green gadgets and gizmos.

I used to do the computer weenie thing for a living, but that was nine years ago now, and it is amazing how much I have forgotten, and even more amazing how things have changed. What used to be simple html commands, now require a degree in quantum physics and a scripting language to accomplish, but so it goes. The web looks pretty these days.

I still remember the days of the command line interface, when e-mail was sent via BITNET and Gopher was all the rage. (Unless you are an academician, you probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but it's like the difference between paper and a pencil, and Microsoft Word). I was going to say a slide rule and a calculator, but I didn't think anyone would get that one either.
Anyway, if you want to poke around, my store is called B & B Stuff and can be found at www.bandbgoodstuff.com just in case you are interested.

Technology marches on, and here I go along with it.....again. I'm really psyched about alternative energy options, which is what the whole dance-able store thingy is all about. I want people to feel good about their choices. I like to see people smile, and it is hard not to smile when you are dancing among the vegetables. Next time you are in the grocery store, give it a whirl, or give yourself a whirl, see if it doesn't make you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment